SCHEDULE / SHIFT:
Friday - Sunday from 9:00pm - 7:00am
Provides a safe, secure nighttime environment and assists and cares for adults with intellectual disabilities by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs security checks by walking throughout the facilities at regular intervals, checking alarm systems, checking doors to provide that all are securely closed, and checking residents to assure safety.
- Assists residents with bathroom needs, attending to their personal hygiene as needed.
- Bathes residents if necessary.
- Supervises and/or directs residents who are awake in accordance with goals established by appropriate counselor.
- Cares for residents who are ill, afraid, or experiencing other difficulties and encourages them through compassion, Scripture and prayer.
- Dispenses medication, administers medical treatment and performs other minor medical care as directed by the nurse.
- Takes resident census as scheduled.
- Performs janitorial, housekeeping and laundry duties as scheduled.
- Coordinates emergency evacuation as indicated in Shepherds Health and Safety manual if necessary.
- Contacts appropriate staff and/or appropriate professionals as needed when medical or other emergencies arise.
- Performs snow removal and salts icy walkways as needed.
- Supervises and works with resident workers who are trained in these duties.
- Completes necessary paperwork and correspondence including the charting of individual resident progress toward established goals, behavior observation forms, census forms, and other charts or logs.
- Answers the telephone, taking and relaying messages as needed.
- Verifies the arrival of scheduled AM resident care staff for each unit.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma; One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Related college or university level training is a plus.
If you're interested in applying for this position please send your resume to Ciara Huntemann, HR Director, using one of the following methods:
1) Email: email@example.com
2) Fax: (262)878-9285, Attn: Ciara Huntemann, HR Director
3) Mailing Address:
Attn: Ciara Huntemann, HR Director
1805 15th Avenue
Union Grove, WI 53182
Submitted by: Ciara Huntemann